"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." Ludwig Wittgenstein

Friday, December 4, 2009

I Am the Eggman

It was a routine check-up, and thank goodness, Richard’s doctor gave him a clean bill of health. “You’re in excellent shape, Richard. The only concern I have is that your cholesterol is a little high, about 280mg/dl. What’s your diet like, these days?”

“Eggs for breakfast, eggs for lunch, eggs for dinner,” Richard proclaimed proudly, as if his egg diet were a sign of bravery.

“My God, Richard, why do you eat eggs three times a day?”

With his right index finger pointing to the three fingers on his left hand, which he held up in front of him, Richard tallied the reasons as he methodically recited, “I’m a bachelor, their easy to cook, and I really like eggs, goo goo, g’joob.”

No comments:

Post a Comment