"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." Ludwig Wittgenstein

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Better Safe Than Sorry

Lola returned to her apartment to find a small, white business card wedged in the gap between the front door and the door frame. She pulled it out and read its neatly lettered, almost architectural, handwriting on the back, “Dropped by to say hello, but you weren’t home.” She turned the card over and noticed that Richard’s note had been written on the back of a business card for a psychotherapist, named Jackie Weston. Lola mused for a moment, before turning the door’s unlocked doorknob and opening the front door. I really should start locking my door whenever I go out. This is a nice neighborhood, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment