"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." Ludwig Wittgenstein

Monday, November 23, 2009

Worse Than the Disease

The Cure looked ill. But that didn’t matter now, not to Richard, because he was happily humming, “Just Like Heaven.” "Show me how you do that trick…The one that makes me scream," she said… "The one that makes me laugh" she said… And threw her arms around my neck.”

During today’s run along the beach in Santa Monica, Richard couldn’t help but wonder why Lola had fallen in love with him in the first place? A woman like Lola could have anyone she wanted, even in Hollywood, but she had chosen him.

Half way through his run, he stopped to take a breath, and noticed that his footprints stretched out behind him disappearing into the sandy distance. “Why,” he wondered, “did The Cure look worse than the disease?”

No comments:

Post a Comment